Last week on Malwarebytes Labs:
- Ransomware attacks Finalsite, renders 8,000 school sites unreachable for days
- Patchwork APT caught in its own web
- Sophisticated phishing scheme spent years robbing authors of their unpublished work
- Google and Facebook fined $240 million for making cookies hard to refuse
- New iPhone malware spies via camera when device appears off
- Hackers take over 1.1 million accounts by trying reused passwords
- Intercepting 2FA: Over 1200 man-in-the-middle phishing toolkits detected
- Card skimmers strike Sotheby’s in Brightcove supply chain attack
- Careful! Uber flaw allows anyone to send an email from uber.com
- $10m of funds goes missing in what appears to be a cryptocurrency rug-pull
- Customer support scammers take aim at NFT enthusiasts
- Purple Fox rootkit now bundled with Telegram installer
- What angered us most about cybersecurity in 2021: Lock and Code S03E01
The post A week in security (January 3 – 9) appeared first on Malwarebytes Labs.
If you like the site, please consider joining the telegram channel or supporting us on Patreon using the button below.