kube-applier is a service that enables
kube-applier hosts a status page on a webserver, served at the service endpoint URL. The status page displays information about the most recent apply run, including:
- Run Type
- Start and end times
- Most recent commit
- Whitelisted files
- Blacklisted files
- Files applied successfully
The HTML template for the status page lives in
static/ holds additional assets.
kube-applier uses Prometheus for metrics. Metrics are hosted on the webserver at /metrics (status UI is the index page). In addition to the Prometheus default metrics, the following custom metrics are included:
- run_latency_seconds – A Summary that keeps track of the durations of each apply run, tagged with the run type and a boolean for whether or not the run was a success (i.e. no failed apply attempts).
- file_apply_count – A Counter for each file that has had an apply attempt over the lifetime of the container, incremented with each apply attempt and tagged by the filepath and the result of the attempt.
The Prometheus HTTP API (also see the Go library) can be used for querying the metrics server.
All contributions are welcome to this project. Please review our contributing guidelines.
Some suggestions for running kube-applier locally for development:
- To reach kube-applier’s webserver from your browser, you can use an apiserver proxy URL.
- Although git-sync is recommended for live environments, using a host-mounted volume can simplify basic local usage of kube-applier.
See our contributing guidelines.
Need to contact us directly? Email [email protected] and be sure to include the name of this project in the subject.
Copyright and License
Copyright 2016 Box, Inc. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
If you like the site, please consider joining the telegram channel or supporting us on Patreon using the button below.