Multiple vulnerabilities were identified in Microsoft Edge. A remote attacker could exploit some of these vulnerabilities to trigger denial of service condition, remote code execution and security restriction bypass on the targeted system.
CVE-2023-5217: Heap buffer overflow in vp8 encoding in libvpx. Google is aware that an exploit for CVE-2023-5217 exists in the wild.
RISK: Extremely High Risk
TYPE: Clients – Browsers
- Denial of Service
- Remote Code Execution
- Security Restriction Bypass
System / Technologies affected
- Microsoft Edge (Stable) prior to 117.0.2045.47
- Microsoft Edge (Extended Stable) prior to 116.0.1938.98
Before installation of the software, please visit the software vendor web-site for more details.
Apply fixes issued by the vendor:
- Update to Microsoft Edge (Stable) version 117.0.2045.47 or later
- Update to Microsoft Edge (Extended Stable) version 116.0.1938.98 or later
A considerable amount of time and effort goes into maintaining this website, creating backend automation and creating new features and content for you to make actionable intelligence decisions. Everyone that supports the site helps enable new functionality.
If you like the site, please support us on “Patreon” or “Buy Me A Coffee” using the buttons below
To keep up to date follow us on the below channels.