This week on Lock and Code, we discuss the top security headlines generated right here on Labs and around the Internet. In addition, we talk to Chuck Brooks, cybersecurity evangelist and adjunct professor for Georgetown University’s Applied Intelligence Program and graduate Cybersecurity Programs, about identity and access management technology.
This set of technologies and policies controls who accesses what resources inside a system—from company files being locked away for only some employees, to even your online banking account being accessible only to you.
But with more individuals using more accounts to access more resources than ever before, threats have similarly emerged.
Tune in to hear about the uses of identity and access management technology, how the tech will be influenced by other technologies in the future, and more, on the latest episode of Lock and Code, with host David Ruiz.
You can also find us on the Apple iTunes store, Google Play Music, and Spotify, plus whatever preferred podcast platform you use.
We cover our own research on:
- What’s been going on with TikTok.
- We explained some of the issues surrounding Cloud workload security.
- A malspam campaign dabbles in GuLoader.
- What to look out for in a prevalent PayPal phishing scam.
Other cybersecurity news
- Masking identities: How well do facial recognition systems cope with facemasks? (Source: Help Net Security)
- 5G security brawl causes fallout: China and UK at potential loggerheads over a decision to remove Huwei products from 5G mobile networks (Source: The Register)
- Mobile malware gunning for Android: BlackRock targets hundreds of applications in a bid for confidential information (Source: AsianAge)
- Emotet at it again: Stolen attachments are added into the mix in efforts to fool potential victims (Source: TechRadar)
- Steer clear of tax cut scam mails: Reports abound of fake council tax reduction mails for UK residents (Source: Infosecurity Magazine)
Stay safe, everyone!
The post Lock and Code S1Ep12: Pinpointing identity and access management’s future with Chuck Brooks appeared first on Malwarebytes Labs.
If you like the site, please consider joining the telegram channel or supporting us on Patreon using the button below.